Answered by the Lima Community

2 Lima disks failing at the same time - no more access to my files

two Lima disks failed at the same time today,making it impossible to retrieve work. I can put files ON the disks but i can't copy from them. I see all the files, but cant open them, even "info" on the file isn't possible anymore. When i try to move the files with Mac Terminal i get the error for every file "No message available on STREAM". Tried to access the files on Windows, same problem. Uninstalled Lima, reïnstalled Lima, disconnected the drives, restarted the drives, used each drive without using the other ... Nothing works. Anyone had this issue?? And yeah, when i try to move files from Lima to my internal disk i get error 36 or error 5 :-( Last option is to connect them locally to a Mac but therefore i have to travel 5 hours with the train.... is there a logic, easier way to solve this?

Comments (2)

photo

Checking my logs ... so it seems i have a "Sandbox violation" :

SandboxViolation: fseventsd(45) System Policy: deny file-write-times

Maybe that helps you people in the right direction??? I there a way to overrule this violation???? thx!

photo

Ok, this is the solution for a SanboxViolation people : reinstall your system. I did a backup of my files from my startup disk, installed OSX again, and everything works out pretty fine. Cheers!