General > Slow experience: make Lima faster!
Make Lima faster!
The community has identified that the Lima experience is sometimes too slow.
- There are several symptoms associated to this:initial transfers to the Lima device are too long.
- Impossible to open a HD file on mobile or watch a video in 3G/4G.
- Lima gets disconnected a lot.
- Thumbnails take too long to appear.
Note that connecting to your Lima device from outside your network depends on several factors: the quality of your connectivity at home, whether your Lima is in relay or not, and the quality of the Internet connection where you are.
Several improvements are planned:
A major issue is the initial import of a massive number of files. This will be improved with :
- Thunder sync, which enables you to accelerate the transfer of pending files.
- Plugging a pre-filled hard drive to Lima. You can follow the progress here.
- Importing a large amount of files to Lima rapidly by plugging the hard drive to your computer directly. You can follow the progress here.
A final issue is metadata generation, on which we’re also working.
The Lima team.