Hard drive > Manage the hard drive connected to the Lima device
The Lima community has given several ideas in order to make the most of the hard drive connected to the Lima device: some of them have already been implemented, and others are also in the works. Many of those features are expected in the upcoming versions of the app:
- Changing the hard drive connected to Lima. You can follow the progress here.
- Plugging a pre-filled hard drive to Lima. You can follow the progress here.
- Importing a large amount of files to Lima rapidly by plugging the hard drive to your computer directly. You can follow the progress here.
- Accelerate the transfer of pending files through Thunder Sync. Follow the progress here.
- Easily retrieve files from the hard drive connected to Lima (without having Lima installed). You can already do this with the experimental package, but an export tool is coming which you can follow here.
Other interesting features have been suggested but have not been planned in our development. The reason behind this is that they require a big amount of development work for an experience improvement that can already be achieved in another way.
- Plugging several hard drives to a single Lima device to add storage: some of our users are already doing this by using a RAID solution.
- Plugging several hard drives to a single Lima device to do replication: you can already do replication using 2 Lima devices with the back up plan.
The Lima Team.